On standing desks...

My Standing desk!
My son introduced me to the concept of the Standing Desk. I am easily excitable by nature so anything new is a wonder! I was enamored by the idea . I read some blogs, checked out images on Google and presto began to conjure one for myself.
As I did not want to. spend money right away I thought I would make do with whatever I had at home..
The key points here are:
1. The monitor has to be at eye level and the key pad on a lower plane to enable easy typing. So I am going to buy a key pad to operate with ease.
2. Standing desks are available at Damro.
3. You would be thought crazy but that is where the fun lies.
4. Standing is healthier than sitting-- posture, spine, health.. what more do u want?
5. Initially like anything else you need to allow your body to get used especially the legs.
6. It is easy to move around.
7. You burn more calories.
8. For those who have a sedentary life style this is ideal.
9.  When I have merely added some pieces to add height I have the advantage of using original table for sitting if I am tired.
10. As usual take care not to over do!!
11. I am  testing myself to see how long this enthusiasm will last..

Do check out this link for further reading.
http://lifehacker.com/5735528/why-and-how-i-switched-to-a-standing-desk

Comments